Friday, January 19, 2007

(Almost) Defending the JAP

It's funny that I wanted to blog about Jewish American Princesses, because I just spent an evening with a bunch of total non-JAPs from Texas. Now my position on this issue is all the more radical.

Rednecks in disguise. No offense to the fine state of Texas, but those girls made me miss the good ole' JAPs from the Upper East Side, and even the ones from NJ or freakin' Connecticut.

JAPs are obnoxious and hardly tolerable, granted. But at least they don't hush you when you try to speak and they want to hear somebody else. After being hushed by one of those specimens, I had a very clear choice: fight her on the spot and just leave, or become totally disinterested in the situation, and in them as living creatures. I was with a couple of good friends, so I decided to take it on the chin and just check my e-mail until they were done.

It may not occur to most men, but most JAPs actually have manners.

"Snake it, take it, panther princess you must stay."
That is because manners are actually part of your education, and most JAPs are indeed educated. But those girls... God, I could have killed them.

Of course, it is highly probable that I would have had a terrible time with a group of JAPs as well. But at least I wouldn't have felt humiliated by a bunch of morons who don't understand why an avenue block is longer than a street block in Manhattan.

Maybe we've got the JAPs in New York, but:

1. If you can't stand them, just stay away from them --that's what I do;
2. Call me a snob, but I wouldn't trade a thousand JAPs for any one of those girls I just had a terrible time with.

3 comments:

JJ said...

Thank G-d I'm gay.

Simon Zelig said...

Exactly my point, Ricardo.
JJ: Check my comment on this post by the West Village Kid.

S. said...

remember when you actually wrote in a blog?

yea, me neither.